03-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboozer View Post
Just purchased a 06 Z4M Roadster (18k mi) and I can't live with the scratches on the silver dash trim and trim around the shifter. I definitely want this thing looking original so I'd like to only replace with same trim or the black carbon leather trim. Any advice on where to purchase the trim for the best price? Oh...also the seatbelt clip is missing and cup holder is broken. It's a weekend driver so I can fix myself if I know a good place to purchase parts.

Second, being that I don't know much about this car, is there anything that I should look out for mechanically or otherwise? I love the motor. I had a m3 with the same motor so I know it doesn't like cold weather but I want to keep this car for at least 5 years and have it well maintained. What's this about inspections? I'm reading as much as I can and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nate
Greensboro, NC
Look at the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377102

Here is another good link from bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130986

When I got my Z4M Coupe home, I found that 2 of the passenger side motor mounts were loose (one missing, the other loose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
300 grit wet sand in one direction followed by a couple passes of wet 400 will have the aluminum looking better than new. I did it to mine and its perfect. Worse case of you don't like the way it turns out then you can buy new stuff or have it painted. I would invest in the $8 worth of auto sand paper and less than 2 hours of your time that it takes to remove the trim and put the money you save towards another mod.

BTW, congrats on the new car.
That sounds like something I might have to try also!!
Appreciate 0