View Single Post
      01-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

cheapest place is probably searching the used wheel sections of bimmerforums and e46fanatics.

In terms of weight... for the E46 M3 guys that went from oem E46 19s to E46 CSL/ZHP 19s, I could see how they might have felt a difference (although some people also think their cars are faster after a wash/wax, so I'd take people's impressions on the internet with a grain of salt - depending on the source). However, moving to 19" CSLs on an mcoupe which comes with 18"s that aren't too too heavy... I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

Not sure on the exact weights of each wheel though. But I'd imagine they are nearly the same and/or the stock 18s might even be lighter.

That said, CSLs do look good on the z4m, albeit, they maybe a bit played out across all models of BMWs. But I guess that speaks to how amazing they look on lots of models. I will not lie, I've considered them myself.

Lastly, depending on your purposes, if you are just daily driving with these wheels I would just get reps from VMR. They are cheap and if you curb / bend one you won't be completely upset. If I were to buy a brand new set of CSL wheels from the dealer, I think I would sooner consider many other aftermarket wheels before dishing out that much money for oem BMW wheels from the E46. Just my opinion though.

GL.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0