johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal
Guys

You need to realized that this may NOT be a poorly made piece. This will happen for any one-piece bar that have so many alignment holes (points) unless it's a custom made piece for that ONE particular car. There are just so many variables that can go wrong to cause it not to fit properly:
1. Build tolerances in the car.
2. Car dimensions change over time.
3. Different ages in cars.
etc...

This is why most bars out there, including OE, uses a 3-piece design to alleviate this fitment issue.

I'm sorry to say that if you want this stronger one-piece bar, it must be custom fitted.
You're exactly correct.

I fitted mine at the shop yesterday however with ZERO issues. Followed the instructions to the letter on level ground and everything lined up. Retained my camber settings (-2.5) and everything sat flush and fit. The only thing is the clearance to the hard-line (on top of the engine) being negligible. Not sure what kind of impact that's going to have in the long run, but will monitor. I'll take shots when I'm back from the long weekend. My fitment could also be because I've only got 11k on the ODO - still quite new. I expect it's the same reason I don't have 2-3mm of space under the hard line - no engine /motor mount sag.

I fully expected the intended effect of this bar to be small or muted at best (as per OEM bar). Couldn't be farther from the truth. TOTALLY tightened up the steering and front end. Never thought it would be possible on a car with a torsional rigidity of 32,000Nm.

Awesome purchase. Next rack day Sept 10.
Appreciate 0