View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 08:18 AM   #4
wss4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Frank at TTFS gave up on tuning a motor for me as well. 3.4 liter stroked motor, which I was simply trying to get running with the CSL airbox IAT. Not a particularly complex request.

Frank's tunes would not even upload to the DME correctly, and continued kicking out checksum errors. He repeatedly blamed me and suggested there must be something I was doing incorrectly. I ended up running out of patience and time, and wrote off the ~$1500 with Frank. I ultimately went back to a different tuner. Frank was able to provide a functional tune for a different IAT sensor, which never ran as smoothly or made as much power as the other tuner's did. Frank's tone and demeanor were arrogant throughout the process, and his work inferior.

It is not often that I take the time to write something like this, but it left that much of a sour taste in my mouth. I hope this helps others avoid the same mistakes I made.

I have not worked with Josh at Severn, but will absolutely keep him in mind for future tuning needs.
Appreciate 1