Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried them out first. Ugh, instantly disliked them when I saw the car. Those four simple rings alone seemed to destroy my whole theme for the car. They took what I think is a car that flows fairly well, and made it look like a Pep Boys assembled eye sore.

I'm probably over dramatizing this, but all was instantly well once I got rid of the rings. What a PITA it was however, even heating them up the adhesive with the heat gun didn't help much! All that worked was a ton of scrubbing and lots of goop-off.
Was the ring some sort of stick-on? It looks painted or chromed on and blends in fairly well with the rest of the finish on the wheel - there isn't any hard transition that makes me think it was stuck on.

I actually don't mind having the ring on my platinum finish - hopefully, the rim of the wheels won't take too much of a beating during tire changes. I believed that was the intent of the ring - to prevent the wheel finish from getting marred during tire changes.
Appreciate 0