View Single Post
      06-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

Alright, here goes. Did one run with the DSC on, no way should you ever try to get going fast with this on, engine retarded right off the line to avoid wheel spin and that was pretty much the end of the story (slowest run of the night).

Practice run time was cut in half this weekend so I did not get to try the 2nd gear start, hopefully next weekend. A second gear start is actually starting to sound like a good idea, since I was having a hell of a time keeping traction. Would have to slip the clutch a little to minimize bog and not light up the tires, but with the luck I have had with 1st gear starts, will probably be a better thing. I have gotten just off the line a few times with minimal spin just to have them start spinning again about 5-10 feet off the line. I don't know the reasoning, but the traction got worse towards the end of the night.

Instead of going up against the overall nights winner in the 1st elimination round like last time, I ended up racing against last year's champion for the bracket (talk about having good luck). According to the G-Tech unit I picked up for personal timing at this event, I ran the 1/8th in 8.99 @ 83.27, not great, but not shabby compared to a lot of non-modified stock cars. I actually thought, (and so did he) that I had beat him at the finish line, but the judges decided that he got the win. This is not a real Drag Strip, it is layed out on Atlanta Motor Speedway's pit road more to have fun that to provide precise timing and scoring. There is no tree or electronic timing, so you have to go with the eyeball calls (and maybe some favoritism on the close calls).
Anyways, if anyone is interested in trying out their skills, see how fast you can go, or just want to have some fun, by all means take it to your local track (much safer for all involved).

Cheers!

Last edited by ovrkll; 06-02-2007 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0