View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 07:38 PM   #16
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
Not necessary at all. I pull 1.8g at chuckwalla track with 1/4 tank and no issue at all
Keep in mind I'm sucking probably 3 times the fuel of a Z4M at my power level. If I part throttle around these turns I have no problem obviously.

If you're stock, then I can see this being some other issue possible... the Z4M fuel pump has a bucket that itself traps fuel but it only holds so much in there before it has to rely on the feed.

As a data point, I suck down 5.5 gal of fuel in a 20 minute lapping session which is roughly 1:30 per lap (2.25miles), or 30miles. Shit.. like 6MPG lol Turbos are very thirsty. I can see the fuel gauge drop a hair after every long pull!

Now it's quite possible that the lines connecting to the other side of the tank somehow have ruptured or cracked and thus it's not properly pulling in fuel from that end. I could look into that but not sure of the best method to test it. Also, my fuel pump assembly is only 2 years old, only a few thousand miles on it.

https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844672

Guy above seems to have similar issues, with Supercharger installed

Found a diagram:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/...20Part%202.pdf

page 2/3 onward. If you look at the diagram on page 27, you can see the pump sits inside a bucket. On high-g right turns, that bucket will have just enough fuel for a period of time. It's possible I eat through all of it quickly, leaving me with no return fuel to siphon up more fuel from the other side of the tank. Matter of fact, I'm running the pump at full 72psi which means there is little fuel being returned to the other tank, making the siphon even less effective.

If I part-throttle through the turn, there is a lot more fuel returning, which keeps the siphon going.

AND, I just stumbled onto this:

Go to about 4:30. It seems funny the Aeromotive guy is talking about "road racer with a saddle tank who's oem syphon jet wasn't working well enough". It's $270 for their syphon kit btw...

Last edited by dre99gsx; 10-21-2020 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0