gcochard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFGJR View Post
Lots of room within the dash--just pull the panel beneath the HVAC controls to access. Looks like Randy exited the cable through that panel; I fed mine down into the console and out the ashtray. No need to pull the console to do that--just remove the ashtry insert, remove the one screw underneath that, and you can pop and rotate the ashtray/switch assemly out of the cosole by lifting the rear edge first. (Be careful not to scratch your trim--put padding around where you're working.)

Once the ashtray /switch assembly is out, you can easily feed the cable into that space from teh arae behind the HVAC panel. Just watch where the cable is routed when you reinstall the ashtray/switch assembly into the console to ensure it's not pinched, and make sure you leave enough slack to attach it to the mounted Solo. Note that I just left the ashtry insert out, rather than drilling a hole in it to pass the cable through.

Here's a pic--when not in use, I just put the tag end of the dosconnected cable into the ashtray area and close the lid. Never know it's there.
I have that same keyring.

I mounted my V1 in the ashtray area and my dice under the HVAC, it's super roomy in there. It feels like you could fit a body in there...
Appreciate 0