11-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Every shop/tuner I've ever dealt with have ALL said chassis-dynos (like Dynapack) read higher than say, a Mustang dyno (which is generally the opposite). You can find one-off's of proof on either side, but the point is moot. Peak HP readings do nothing but help you sleep better. It's the difference between tune/no tune that's important (at least the point of this thread - to show gains from respective companies).
Well no, the point is not moot. The fact that there are inconsistencies clearly means that it can't just be easily written off that one type of dyno reads lower/higher than another. Statements like such are detrimental to those that are seeking help from experience. I just wanted people to know that it just isn't true; and because word of mouth goes a long way, once it gets out, it can snowball vigorously. Just hoped to set everyone straight with what facts I've found through my own experiences at the dynoes with my own cars, as well as some detailed info I've come across from research. Hopefully those that see this will refrain from passing on potentially false information in the future without an anecdote stating that it is just from word of mouth as opposed to real life experiences.
And I also provided my before-and-after dynoes for tune-only gains with the Active Autowerk ECU flash (for the purposes of this thread)

Last edited by mfanatic325; 11-01-2012 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 0