View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
alfredoporro
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Titan Si

New E85 Z4 owner

Hello Everyone!

I introduced myself sometime ago in the check in and say hello section.

This is my car:

My car is a 2003 Z4 3.0 6 speed manual with 77xxx miles and has the following options:

I'm not new to BMW, I've had the following cars:
  1. White 2002 BMW 325i automatic
  2. Red 1997 BMW Z3 1.9 5 speed manual
  3. Orient Blue Metallic 2001 BMW 330ci 5 speed manual sport and premiun packages with rear parking sensors (I miss that)
  4. Black 2000 BMW 323ci automatic sport and premiun packages

Like you can see, I like the 3 series and the Z series. My another option besides my Z4 was an E46 M3, but gas prices are to high and I missed the feeling of driving a roadster.

I'm very happy with my Z4. I'm glad to have the 3.0 engine again and together with the 6 speed manual. It is really fun to drive.

The design of the car is awesome. I have received a lot of compliments so far and even more than in the past with my other cars.

The interior of the car is really nice, definitely an upgrade from the Z3 interior. However, I think the materials in the E46s are bit better. Also, I miss the sport seats since I have the regular seats in the Z4.

One of the things I have learn some far is that I have to be careful in the driveways. Does everyone have this problem? I think our cars are very lowww

So far the cooling system has been overhauled, head gasket has been replaced, all spark plugs have been replaced, front control arm bushings have been replaced, and fresh oil change. I also installed the AUX cable. I bought the mini cooper version and it works great. Sometimes I get some interference, Does any of you know why?

The car is in great shape, but it is not perfect. My remote key was not working properly. Symptoms are that sometimes lock/unlock doors and trunk but most of the time it doesn't work. After reading some threads, I contacted Scott from bmwgm5.com and after telling the problems I was having, it looks like my remote key it's the problem not the GM5. I just sent my key yesterday to him, now just wait.

Another issue I have is that the fill-in flap does not lock when I lock the doors. After checking I found that the Filler flap actuator is pushed inside and it is not in the location it is supposed to be. Look at the picture:

You can see the hole and inside you can see part of the Filler flap actuator. Have any of you had this problem? Any help would be appreciate it.

#22 in the diagram is the actuator that is either pushed back or missing.

Also, I want to replace the trasmission oil. What do you recommend? OEM transmission oil, red line, liqui-moly? What have you used that is good? I want to make the shifting smoother since it is kind of notchy now, specially from 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

I'm looking forward to learn more about my Z4. So far I like this forum because the people her are very helpful and nice, and a lot of good information.

Thank you! and your help will be appreciated

Last edited by alfredoporro; 03-28-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0