View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

iPhone won't connect via bluetooth

OK, I have been searching for the answer all night. I have an iPhone 4s and am trying to pair it with my 2006 Z4 M Roadster with the mk4 Nav but no luck. Here is what I have tried (numerous times)...

As per the manual, key in 1 position (have also tried 2) and the Telephone screen on the nav display says "searching". It comes up on the iPhone (BMW123456 or whatever) so the phone is seeing the car. I click it and enter the PK code (from the card supplied). I immediately get an error that says to make sure the car is in pair mode and that I have the right PIN. Obviously the car can be seen by the phone or it wouldn't show up. As an aside, as soon as I turn the ignition off and take the key out, the BMW123456 disappears from the phone so I KNOW the phone sees the car.

I tried resetting network connections on the phone and even tried my wife's iPhone, all to no avail. I am therefore convinced that the car is not allowing itself to be paired.

I have read some steps for other BMWs and head units that talk about holding the R/T button or various other methods but none of them are mentioned in the manual that I have. As a foot note, my phone paired just fine with my old 2008 Z4 3.0i.

Can someone help me here? I am at a loss.

Thanks
Appreciate 0