03-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #57
AmericanInToronto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
Agreed!

The only difference is that the dealer gets their money from BMW USA and not BMW Canada!

This is like saying that if your car breaks down in the US while on vacation a US dealer wouldn't work on your car!?!?!

I understand my example is not quite the same but these Canadian dealers should wise up a little as they are making money on servicing these cars!!!
I'm not 100% sure on what the dealerships will do when it comes to honoring warranty because these dealers up here are crooks as far as I'm concerned. One sales guy went as far as telling me that they'd treat me like a stepson when I get my US imported vehicle in for service.

I WILL however import a US vehicle and worst case expect resistance at time of warranty work. I will get the work done at BMW Buffalo if I have to and then, I will write to the Toronto Star and other media outlets and complain to whoever I have to get the dealers to honor warranty because as per BMW Canada's website on March 7, 2011: the new car warranty is honored on cars as long as a) CMVSS 108 requirements are met and b) also BMW Canada's warranty validation is satisfied. Since no details are provided on this "validation", one can only assume that this is to check if the vehicle is within the new car warranty period.
Appreciate 0