02-23-2018, 05:45 AM   #27
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert16 View Post
I just got back from Autozone and they did the load test on the battery. Battery had 12.59 volts. According to their test it is a good battery. So I need to find the age of this battery. If its more than 5 years old then I would say its a bad battery or getting close.

These are the numbers on the battery near the positive terminal AA28 so can anyone figure out what year and month this battery is from by these numbers?

I have not lifted the battery out of the vehicle to look for other numbers.

So how old is this sucker, it's a white BMW battery.

I'm pretty sure this is transport mode.
If it is a white BMW battery, then it will have a status eye on the top. It's a greenish clear plastic lenz if the battery is is good state, black if it is not. If the battery were bad the car would not start or be slow cranking.

If you want to decipher the date code, you need to find it first. It's stamped on the edge of the battery top most likely. You can google how to read the code. AA28 could mean January 2012.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0