12-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #29
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksdesigns View Post
love the way we get a little of your life story mixed in with detailed Z4 work! great stuff!
Thanks. If I gave my whole life story, everyone that read this thread would become "damaged goods"... or at least more damaged than they already were

Paint did arrive friday as scheduled. Got a little distracted friday after sleeping in until about noon so I didn't get much work done.

Today I filled a couple small holes in the front bumper with Evercoat Maxim medium urethane adhesive They also have a fast and a superfast formula of this epoxy too. I personally like more time to work it than the fast and superfast which is why I opt for medium. Everything is now sanded and ready for paint. For the next 3 days I have a nearly perfect weather forcast for painting, Temps in the low 70s, humidity isn't too high, low wind speeds so it won't be kicking up dust or shaking the shop.... Game on.

Tommorrow I plan to build a stand for the bumpers skirts and small parts, get the car wiped down and masked off and shoot a little 2k primer build on areas I did body work to block them out.

1 of the holes in the bumper. As chewed up as the whole bottom of this bumper is, I would guess a PO had a steep incline drive they had to go up every day.

Filled with Evercoat Maxim and sanded with P80 and P320 DA. Sands pretty easy.

Small parts ready to go.

I pulled the top up manually and covered it in a plastic mask. This is plastic sheeting that is made for masking cars, not a drop cloth or plastic sheeting from Lowe's or Home Depot. Only one side is paintable and it is marked.

I can't wait to let this stuff out of the can.

Appreciate 0