View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
iZ4vel
Repair Member
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i

Update: Fixed it!!!

Accessed "hidden menu" in CPU and ran test 7.0 (engine rpm/ coolant temp in degrees Celcius), Z4 thermostat is marked with 97* degrees Celcius opening temperature. As u can see from the picture, the _097 is showing that the coolant temp is 97*C, I got out of the car to check the lower radiator hose and it was warm, got back in the car, coolant temp went up to 98*C and the cooling fan FINALLY turned on.

After thought, after spending over $100 replacing and installing all the temperature sensors in my Z4, I realized that my previous antifreeze was really old and that the cooling system hadn't ever been properly flushed. This is what I think caused my Z4 to take longer to reach operating temperature, aka run cooler for longer, also the ambient temperature after the flush was about 40*F colder than last summer when the car was last run... The upside to this is that I don't have to worry about an overheating problem and now I don't have to worry about having to spend money taking it in to a mechanic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0