10-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Yeah, I did watch the results on youtube. It was quite interesting, though its still tough to get a true sense until you can "feel" the sound as well. As a side note, I've seen shuttle launches on video for years but until we were at the VIP launch site for STS-123 in 2008, and the crackling could be felt deep in your chest, I had no sense of the true sound of that thing!

I think I have now ruled out the RPIs. I can live with loud around town but do enjoy roadtrips and think it wold get old real fast.

I am going to hear Mirko's Stromung tomorrow night. I had been looking at the Diablos as well but understand there is some drone there. I'd love the Eisenmanns but they are a little out of my price range for now.

So, back to these SS's. Would it make sense to pick them up as just mufflers for now then add the X pipe later if I want to add more oomph? Do the mufflers on their own easier bolt up to stock exhaust? Is it easy to ad on the X pipe later?

Thanks for everyone's input!
Great Deal on the SS Race (these look like the Race not Sport Power Loops) and X-Pipe - go for it!
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0