View Single Post
      05-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #12
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varinn View Post
My best guess is the shop tried using it as a lazy way to adjust the camber by loosening the nuts and putting a punch into the hole where the pin used to thread in (to wedge it into a different position)

The pins had been removed for a prior alignment and the holes were intact before this most recent visit.
Ok, the reason I asked is that a mashed up hole like that (in my imagination at least) could also be a result of the nuts/bolts from the top mounts not properly torqued/tight so driving around for a period with a loose top mount. That could also put strange forces on the chassis (alternating in continously strain-no strain on those points creating fatique)
So check that those bolts are always tight (thats important for most bolts on the car ).
That part of the chassis is obviously under continous alternating loads, as you also sometimes read of ratteling complaints and it then turns out that the nut on the strutbar (the one from the chassisleg to the bulkhead) has come loose for no reason.

Luckily this damage is still fixable fairly easy.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-23-2016 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0