09-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #11
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Those look good! Do they have other color options? I personally would like something less blue.

I'm interested to see how they hold up over time. It's too bad Tekarbon seems to have gotten out of the business, because my non-M looks great. I have seen halos pop up from time to time on their site as a Z4 option, with the last time being 1-2 months ago. For the initial work, I paid $450 including return shipping, but not counting shipping to Tekarbon. I did have one side fall down, but Tekarbon fixed it for a reasonable price and did some extra work at the same time.

It's good to hear there's another option out there!
Yeah, too bad these are so costly in comparison to Tekarbon. Again, I most likely wouldn't pay full price for these. Luckily my insurance covered
They're probably not actually that blue. Pretty sure it's just the photo settings and what not.
Here's a link to their website and the other angel eyes they've done on other cars: http://xtremehid1.com/gallery/angel-eyes-reftrofit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Are these ccfl angel eyes or led angel eyes?
(looks like ccfl in the pictures).

And you had tekarbon led angel eyes before?

Is there a lot of difference in colour or brightness?
Yes, I had Tekarbon LED halos before. All I know about these new ones is that they're "plasma halos". Not sure about its specs otherwise. Will ask the shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
When you go pick up the car, it would be great if you can you ask them more about the halo LEDs. What size, brand, wattage, possibly even where they source them?
I should be picking up my car by the end of the week, so I'll ask and then update here when I get a chance.
Appreciate 0