View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #158
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

I'm 36 and a Criminal Defence Lawyer in Toronto, Canada.

I am certain this is the most entertaining job one can do with a law degree. I would probably do my job for free, just for the stories I collect (of course I can't tell them without changing the names or identifiers!).

My job is also pretty high pressure, especially with the more serious cases like homicides. Tracking my M is definitely a key way to relieve some of that stress.

Driving fast in Toronto has pretty much become impossible for a number of reasons:

1) The urban sprawl has caused crazy gridlock pretty much all the time,
2) Traffic enforcement is such an easy cash grab for the municipality that the streets are just teeming with traffic police (which could probably be better used to deter actual crime, but that's another discussion),
3) There's just too much risk of some driver or pedestrian jumping in front of your car.

Fortunately many of the clubs/lapping days/schools that run at my local track allow roadsters.

I am an hour away from Mosport, which is an absolutely phenomenal track. I'm 2.5 hours away from the Shannonville track, 1.5 hours from Cayuga (aka Toronto Motorsport Park), and about 7 hours from Mont Tremblant which is also a gorgeous track.

I have yet to make it to Watkins Glen, but it's not too far, and I hear it's amazing.

I had a 2007 3.0 Z4 before my '08 M Roadster, and I have loved driving both of them. Prior to the 3.0 I had a Mazdaspeed Miata, so I think I have been permanently infected with the roadster bug.
Appreciate 0