View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #15
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

I recently put the UUC lightweight flywheel and oragnic clutch in my 2007 z4mc!!!!

The flywheel itself it ALOT lighter but the m5 pressure plate they use is heavier so it is not exactly as light weight as you would think.

Overall I have not seen any drivability changes with cruise controll or any other ordinary driving changes. I do get some gear lash chatter with the cluth out in nuetral so I am going to do the UUC recomended fuild change to help with this, though it is not really that bad.

As for the performance change OMG lol

I am just over 650 miles on this clutch so I have not played with it much but rolling in second at 4k RPM if you step on it, it will spin the tires (275/35 supersports).

If you do a launch which I have only done one, as I continue to baby it a little longer you get very little wheel spin and the car is a rocket. Because it gets the weight trasnfered nice and fast.

I also put it a set of red UUC poly engine and transmission mounts, (will post a pic) the stock driver side mount was craking and easily defleted with fingers at just 60k miles.

The trans mounts are bolt-through and I think with having them maybe a little over torqued etc I am putting in the isolated mounts this weekend to get rid of the vibrations the bolt-through are causing.

Other than that I would never go back to the dual mass unit. It was out of spec in play @ 60k miles but did not really give any indications anything was amiss untill I put the mounts in my car. It sounded like flicking one of those spring door stops when taking off in first gear while in traffic. It had a bad throw out bearing as well but was not making any bad noises for that.

I will get with txz4 so we can compare the diffrences (we both have 2k7 z4mc in TiSilver) in person going back and forth from one to the other. Maybe do a video as well.
2007 Z4MC, 1" drop H&R Springs, Evolve Tunning, Headers, K&N Filter, RPI scoop, Red top high energy coils, UUC Red Poly mounts (none bolt-through), UUC Lightweight Flywheel with Organic Clutch and a custom exhaust with just one AeroTurbine muffler.
Appreciate 0