View Single Post
      12-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Vanne,

Really it depends what your results are after using the swirl remover. You might find yourself wanting to use some #205 polish afterwards, but swirl remover is already very low cut, almost to the point of being a polish, so you may not need it.

If you decide to do it by hand, maybe use the Meguiars Ultimate Polish instead of #205. Its a bit easier to work by hand.

After polish just wax as normal. I've never used the #26 yellow wax above, I like the Ultimate Paste Wax.

You also could do a Glaze in between the polish and wax, but I would probably only go through the effort of doing a glaze if it was a full out detail, with clay before hand, careful attention to every little detail (clean and treat ever rubber spot, under license plate, etc., you know what I mean). Applying Meguiars Glaze is a lot of effort, I would reccomend googling how to apply it if you choose to do so, because it doesn't work like a polish or wax.

Good luck! Check out autogeek.net if you want to learn more above obsessive level car detailing.

And I'm only going to make one response to the other comments above, other than to agree with Kgolf31. Those drill headlight tools are right at home in a professional's detailing bag; they're the perfect tool to apply final plastic polish after a 7 step wetsand (400/600/800/1000/1200/1500/2000).
Appreciate 0