View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
hmmmm, so.... D&R gave you a workable deal?

Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor.

Seriously, I have absolutely nothing against Dreyer & Reinbold but I don't see myself ever being able to work a deal with them. I know one of this boards members bought his e86M there but that was after it had sat for 6 months and the price had gone down from $52995 to a market correct value. This was in 2008 and I had just bought my '07 with 4k miles for $14k less! D&R did have a reasonably priced e92 this past year when I was looking but it was older ('08) than I was looking for. The car that I test drove locally was at Carmax, of all places, and thats the one that got me hooked on the DCT.

I found my car at Isringhausen in Sprinfield, IL and I had a good experience there. My car is an '11 fairly loaded up ($78k sticker), 7k miles at the time, and they had it priced at $59.9k. That was about $3k or so under what most dealers were asking around the country. They started at about $37.5k difference. I wanted around $25k for my car and to pay $58k for theirs so countered with $33k. Cue, the Sales Manager to explain to me for 15 minutes why that was impossible. I thanked them for their time and started to get up to leave and thats when we started negotiating for real. Ended up at a diff of $35k which was realistic for trade value of my car and still a discount off their asking price. I love working car deals
Appreciate 0