View Single Post
      03-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #31
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Fingered, Deep Insertion, Blowing Enima

I read this thread this AM, knowing it had not been active for 2.5 years, but my recently purchased 2006 Z4MR has me thinking about the long term health of the car, as I intend to keep it many years and have no idea of past owners maintenance. I started out this AM just to check the flow. I used a 4 Cup measuring cup, to slowly pour water down the center/back of the top, roof up. Water came pouring out the drivers side and this aided me as to where to look for rubber one way "valves"/openings. Nothing on the passenger side. So I got down on the ground in front of rear tire on the drivers side. Had car parked in my stone/dirt driveway. There is a rectangular opening that I could JUST get my hand into (not sure if this is an "M" thing ). Should have put on some nitrile gloves, with some Armour All for LUBE. I found the rubber valve very quickly, shoved my finger in her, all kinds of sediment came rushing out...She CAME clean. I poured some more water slowly in the middle again, lot's better flow...perfect. Moved to the passenger side...DRY ! So I poured some more water under the lower corner of the passenger side, rear window. I found the water welled up and ran over the rear quarter panel pretty easily. Have some micro fiber towels at the ready. So I pushed gently at the corner seam, poured some more SLOWLY, and it was hard to tell if it was flow, or just overflow from the water going over the top edge. I got on the ground, reached up, found the opening, stuck my finger in, seemed like a small amount of water was coming out, as well as sediment and crud. So this is when I thought about DEEP INSERTION, I had some small tubing in the garage maybe 1/2 ". It was about four foot long. I just wanted to stick something up in there. It took a couple attempts to warm her up, but I managed to get 12 INCHES up inside her. I then held the tube high, used a little funnel and filled the tube with water. I then wiped off the end and put it in my mouth and blew as hard as I could, I did this 3 times, pulled the tube out, poured some water at the corner...water came pouring out ! Then I smoked a cigarette and told her I loved her....All kidding aside, it worked great. Hope this " quick, tool free" option helps someone someday. I wanted to get everything stuck up there OUT and not blow it back up into the well.

This is an added edit on 5/3/17

So I wanted to check my flow since it's been 1.5 months since I fingered/inserted/blew. I tried pouring water THIS TIME, with the top down. I remembered seeing a pic on where to pour it on some attached pic, within this thread, but it must be on a link. I do want to add, pouring water down the top, right near the door, but back on the top, I just had water pour all over the place, with no water actually coming out from the sphincter. I think having the top UP, pouring VERY SLOWLY near the rear corner seam, let's you get water to flow JUST from the opening.
Attached Images

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 05-04-2017 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00