exdos
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Coupe(S54) and Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Exdos,
Are you saying that you have no piping in the middle section? If so, wouldn't that cause a lot of turbulence and therefore reduce flow? It's not really a "straight through" design if you don't "channel" it.
My last photo shows the present internal layout and there is no piping in the middle section. The exhaust gas leaves the inlet pipe in the middle section and it finds its own way to the outlet pipes.

As I said, I've done a lot of silencer modding on the Z3MC and have used an ECU datalogger to monitor the changes that occur from producing various different internal configurations, and I've learned what works and what doesn't by trial and error. This is the first pair of silencers that I've done for the Z4MC, and coupled with air-intake mods on the same car, I've obtained some increase in torque and bhp, as measured by datalogging. Now that I've been able to assess my silencer mod for the Z4MC, I might reopen them and slightly reconfigure them to overcome the slight drone.

Here are the before and after graphs produced from the data recorded with my DashDyno SPD datalogger, see: http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynoseries.html

Before:

After:

Last edited by exdos; 12-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0