View Single Post
      11-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
wrh3
Car Guy
Rep
Drives: 2005 MCS, 2013 Corvette 427

Here are the specs off the ME website: http://www.masonengineering.net/Subp...W_Products.htm

Specifications : Designed to replace the plastic stock (OEM) clutch pedal which is prone to deformation of the bushings over time. Our Steel Clutch Pedal is designed and hand crafted to eliminate side movement while shortening total pedal travel by 1.5 inches. This helps align the Clutch pedal with the brake pedal to facilitate in heel toe style driving. A noticeable difference in clutch engagement will be felt with the Mason Clutch Pedal.

This Pedal was originally designed and manufactured by Mason Engineering for Dr. Gustav Stroes and has become popularly known as the GSP clutch Mod. Mason Engineering has reintroduced the product after being out of production for a number of years.

Clutch comes complete with new hardware and bushings.

My impressions after a few hours of driving today:

- The shifter action is unchanged from before, no grinding or hesitation to go into any gear- even the 1>2 shift.

-The pedal position is more optimal, 1.5" lower does not seem like much but makes a big difference.

- Because the clutch input piston connection geometry has been altered on the ME Pedal for quicker action, no more long push/pull stroke- clutch is engaged 1-1.5" off the floor and the stroke is significantly shorter.

If anyone local (metro ATL) wants to try it out, drop me a line. This mod, like other mods, may not be for everyone but I like it and feel that it's a worthwhile upgrade. To see the side to side motion that is referred to on various forum threads about this pedal and /or the bushings, go to your car and with your hand try pushing the clutch pedal side to side- mine had a decent amount of play and my wife's E92 M3 has none with almost double the miles.

Bill- 2005 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Corvette 427
www.billswebspace.com/bmwindex BMW CCA Member # 389948
Appreciate 0