07-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
Good write-up.

I believe the engine in this car is really efficient. I didn't do an extensive research, but for 330hp, I don't think you can get better mileage from an NA engine.
Cayman S has very similar 0-60 numbers, 320bhp and gets 20-25% better fuel economy. It's more expensive but seems to be more efficient as well. Coming from the 3.0si, I'm noticing the increase in fuel consumption to be significant. I got 23mpg on average in the 3.0si and I'm only getting about 18.5 so far in the M.

To add to the OP's original thread, I'm finding the handling of the M to be very sharp-which is probably much to do with the better hydraulic steering assist (vs. the electric). The only regret I have so far is that I haven't found too many situations where the extra power has been useful or where the opportunity has been there to take advantage of it. However, in 6 weeks I get to take it to the big boy track and find out what it's all about

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0