04-09-2015, 12:36 PM   #16
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
LoL "exotic". Whatever you want to believe man. Put that sound clip you posted above of a raspy mess with a vacuum cleaner sound on shifts against a Lambo, Ferrari, Pagani or something else and let's see how great it sounds. Tell you what, black out the sound clips and let us guess which car is which. I'll pick out the shitty S54 every time. Like I said, you still have a wonderful car and I love my Z4M more than any other car I've ever owned, but stop deluding yourself about the sound of that thing.

I know we all love our cars, but you have to be honest. I get thumbs up all the time too for my car, and it has nothing to do with the sound.
I guess i'd rather convince my mind that the sound is exotic and nice than yearn for a flatplane crankshaft that is never gonna happen be happy man ... it's not a ferrari or a lambo, why would you compare it to that? can you make a civic or a subaru or an EVO sound as good as a Z4M ?

When I say exotic, I mean relatively to the engine configuration, it sure sounds better than a porsche GT3 that i've riden in for a whole lot of full throttle pulls on the highway

In order to change the exhaust note (the raspy thing you hate):
You would need stepped headers, S pipe with AR20 resonator and an H connector after the resonators (2.75 inch or 3 inch with supercharger) than straight to the mufflers with long helmholtz chambers (not wide chambers like diablos more like RPI and eisenmann but longer and narrower)

It's kind of like what DKF was trying to do but tailored for the street.

Using 2.5inch pipes and an Xpipe is actually accentuating the raspy sound no matter what you do.

The lambo and ferrari howl will never be achieved unless you swap a flatplane crankshaft and filtered tubes from the intake chamber to the cockpit which is never going to happen on a Z4
Appreciate 0