View Single Post
      05-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #56
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps View Post
The dreaded ticking returned yesterday after having the litters replaced a few months ago Looks like it's back to the dealer for the head replacement.
Same thing happened to me--only my "new" lifters only lasted about a week before they started makling noise again. Once I got the new head installed, everything has been great. By the way, when they replace the head, it comes pre-assembled with new valves, camshafts and the rest of the top-half of the engine. Although this adds cost to the repair, I'm sure it eliminates a lot of the labor necessary during the installation. My SA said the installation is pretty simple now with the pre-assembled hardware.

As I mentioned above, I'm very happy with the way my engine runs now. It is as smooth as any BMW engine I've ever heard. I drove an M coupe last month and actually prefer the sound and feel of my engine to the M. It may not have the torque and horsepower but it's got plenty for what I need and it sounds better to me.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0