View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #26
elwesso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

In my experience, "foreign" cars are typically more reliable than American cars but cost more to fix when they do break. Anything made by VW or anything English or Italian are exempt from the "foreign" cars blanket statement.

For instance, in CTS-V land there are many people that have replaced water pumps 2,3,4 times before the car gets to 125k miles, yet the cars are still considered "reliable".. Overall the CTS-V has more design related issues to it that require attention than the Z's, but most people would be a lot more scared of a Z just because they think it will cost more to fix.. I think this mantra is pretty consistent with other American cars compared to their Japanese, German, or Korean counterparts. It's all relative.

Also another thing that most people forget when they come onto the forums..... People come to the forums to figure out problems with their cars. I'd say for every 10 posts relating to an "issue" with the vehicle, there's probably only 1 or 2 posts saying "I love the car it's great I've had no issues"... People tend to get scared off by reading the forums thinking that every car is an unreliable POS. It's really interesting how different people view "problems" differently. Go onto the golf GTI forums or Audi forums and you'll be glad you're driving what you have!
Appreciate 0