12-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
comics69
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Z4m Aem Infinity Harness In Progress :)

Hello everyone,

I post a dedicated thread about our development about the harness we build to plug an AEM inifinity 8 ecu on a bmw Z4M.

For people who don't know, AEM ecu uses CAN ONLY ON BMW M3 E46, which has not the same ecu, and therefore the same harness....

CAN allows to the ECU to communicate with your cluster, clim, ABS, ESP, and all options of your car. You can even switch between different tune directly with steering button

see that link below:

And the most important thing, you can have one of the best ECU in your car, and develop the better tune for your car, especially for S/C conversion, turbo, N/A tune, NOS, watermeth... and have traction control, flat foot shift, no lift shift, etc...

This ecu can give you also the possibility of keep an eye on your engine condition and prevent from failure with different coding... NO LIMIT

I don't know why AEM did not develop a such P&P harness for Z4M and only for M3 E46...

So we decided with my partner to develop an homemade harness to be able to wire the AEM and be compatible with CAN..

And it works!!

The car starts in good condition, all cluster (rpm for instance) work perfectly, clim also...

We have now to build a proper harness (maybe in MILSPEC specification), and we will be sooner able to sell a P&P harness to connect AEM ecu into your BMW Z4M

There is some work to do, but we can do it.

The following configuration of the car engine will be the following :

- velocity stacks conversion with NOS or watermeth
- tune with bioethanol
- homemade camshafts (we will be able to sell these cams too!!)
- proper manifold

the expected power should be approx 400whp, which is enough for a track car.

i will keep you inform about some news asap.

Sorry for my bad english guys !
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
angelr188.50
Mirko182.00
Vanne1620.50