Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesharp View Post
Hi guys! Long time no see!

Anyway, today is my 14th day of Bluesie's Big Adventure. I'm in Austin Texas tonight, and about to head to town to check out the legendary music scene.

I've racked about 4000 miles so far. By the way... I officially proclaim route 161 running down Apache National Forest as the worlds BEST drive. 100 miles of twisty turneys, many a hairpin, many a wonderful zigzag, and maybe one car per hour or so coming the other way. Beautiful day for it, too. It may have something to do with being off season, to account for the lack of traffic, but I never... not once... got stuck behind anyone else. One sign said "10 MPH next 12 miles", but 40 worked fine for all but the hairiest outside, sheer drop hairpins. I reccoment sat nav set to 250 meter, so you can see what to expect with the next curve.

Drove through an AWESOME Texas thunderstorm yesterday. The best lightning show I've ever seen. That was the only drive time the tops been up so far. I was tempted to let her down to really experience the storm, but I'm WAY glad I didn't. Took over an hour to get through, and had to slow to 40 with flood lights on for a good chunk it was coming down so hard. I had to ford a flash flood too, after exitting to listen to the rumbling for a while.

Anyway, thought I'd say HI to all my friends from Z4UM. I'm figuring two days to New Orleans, a couple days there, then two more to Orlando and my brother's house, then back home the northern route.

Hey Fire-n-Ice... any good drives through Georgia?

Oh yeah. I almost forgot to mention... I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!! She even looks good splattered with bugs, and drives. . . drives. . . I. . I can't find the words. Smooth as silk at 125 in Nevada... she just "sets", like she's pushing tighter to the road. . . incredible. (Pretty windy too... hehehe.)
If you can get your car on a boat and continue the adventure in Germany, I have 2 outstanding recommendations for you:

A63 between Mainz and Kaiserslautern. No limit, and very few cars at most hours during the day.

A7 south of Wuerzberg...Another no limit road with few cars...unless you are driving during a german holiday or ski season...

Alternate: A45 between Giessen and Hanau (can be trafficy tho...)

Enjoy your trip bro.
Appreciate 0