View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
SF-Z4_3.0si
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i convertible

I believe it also depends on where you live and what season they are selling, especially a roadster.
I bought my high mileage '06 3.0si in the beginning of August. I'm sure I paid a premium due to the season. Mine is loaded up and I paid $15K. I paid a dealership $175 took do their inspection. The result was that my front end bushings were bad.
So I bought the Meyle kit to replace the front bushings, front control arms, tie rods etc. the car drives 100% better. Tires were just put on before I purchased.
Next will be shocks. I also had every fluid changed as I don't trust previous history. It's great, but I also like a clean slate.
When I was looking, I couldn't find an '06 below $18,500 here in the Bay Area. This one needed new bushings so I'm guessing the seller dropped since test drives felt odd, and he didn't want to pay 600-700 for the stealership to change.
Ultimately, in the end the only thing that matters is that you're happy with your purchase. Selfishly, now that I'm a z4 owner I like to see them sell for high prices.
Shop around, test drive a bunch and buy the one you like.
Appreciate 0