06-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #56
GyroF-16
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboleto View Post
Anybody else experience this problem with their car?

While driving and around 2k and above rpm the all three lights (brake, ABS and DSC) will come on for a second or two and go back off, at the same time the radio and display screen shuts off and tuns back on again. The same thing will happen with the car stationary and just by revving the engine at around 2k to 3k rpm. There is also a lost of engine power whenever the lights come on.

Does anybody has an idea of what might be causing these glitches?
I’m having exactly the same thing. It’s been happening more often...
I also see a correlation with ambient temperature- the last two times I drove to work (1 hr / 70 mi) on a <70 deg morning, it hasn’t happened (except once as I was pulling into the parking lot at the end). But on the two drives home in 80s-low 90 deg weather, it started happening after about 30 min, right after I got off the highway and was at a series of stoplights. It happened with increasing frequency, even once I was back on the open road, until it was near-constant flashing as I got home.

I’ve checked the battery voltage with engine off (12.5V) and on (14.5V), so I’m pretty sure it’s not the battery, and the alternator seems to behave well in a nice cool garage. I’ve ordered a voltage regulator made by Valeo (French) from here:
https://www.iwingoods.top/new-valeo-...1n-p-14377.htm

But it looks like it’s coming from China... if it hasn’t arrived in the next 10 days, I’ll just suck it up and have the whole alternator replaced to take care of the problem.

Experience or input from others is welcome as I deal with this...
Appreciate 0