05-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #6
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
how many miles on the cat Twix? of course, if your looking for an excuse to upgrade your suspension…
lol, you read my mind. I have 58k on the clock. I know springs will basically last forever except the bad batch of rear OEM springs, but if I replace the 2 rear springs with OEMs at a cost of nearly $300 for parts I might as well just buy a set of H&R sports or Eibach Pros. And if I'm doing springs, I might as well do the shocks too so I don't have to pay for labor twice right? The Koni yellows might be more performance than I need. Are there any cheaper options that still perform better than stock and can handle a slight drop? How are the Bilstein B8 series?

For the price of springs/shocks, I noticed I can get some budget coilovers for about the same price or a couple hundred more. H&R Street Performance for $1200 seems to be the beginning benchmark on the forums, with everything else being more expensive. But I also found other brands for much less. I'm not looking to track my car, maybe just autocross once in a while for fun. Any opinions on these coilovers:
BC Racing $1000
ST X Performance $977
Megan Racing EZ Street $799 - Popular brand for the S2000
FK Silverline $695 - I've read these use Koni inserts. Why so cheap?
FK Highsport $543

Last edited by Twixboy; 05-16-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0