View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #12
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtos View Post
Hi all, just want to help prevent anyone from going through this terrible experience on selling A forum member an M Coupe.
October 10, he calls me and tells me he’s interested in my car and puts a $1k deposit on it after agreeing on the $30k sale price. He also suggests l pay for an escrow service to handle the money but l say not to having to pay for anything and suggest he find an easier way pay off the car to save him that $500.
October 16, he has me take the car in for a PPI at the dealer and never pays me back for it.
October 22, he has his friend Ken fully inspect the car for paint flaws and finds none.
October 23, we sign the bill of sale and have it notarized and overnight it to him. Also doesn’t pay me back for it.
October 24, he pays off the loan of $23k. He also asks me to tape up the front end with tape to prevent damage. l send him pics and videos and he is satisfied with it.
October 24 7pm, he has a transport service pick the car up from my garage. He also wanted me to pay for this and l refused.
November 12, he sends me a picture of the M Coupe with brand new wheels and tells me he went on a 200 mile drive in it. He never mentions receiving the car with any damage at all.
Nov 17, l received title, sent pics of it signed and offered to send it via ups next day air but l was ignored until 10pm as he hoped l just sent it. He now answers me and has me call him. He tells me he received the car with a damaged front bumper from “not only the tape he had me put on but also the rest of the bumper”. Now he’s refusing to pay me off the rest of the $30k he owes me because he’s “not satisfied “.
l now have the title in hand and haven’t sent it because we agreed I’d get paid off once it is signed. He still refuses to pay me.
Guys please beware of this in the future.
The guy involved has a post about needing advice on buying a car and it being time sensitive.
Sounds to me like the car cost him $23K and the title is going to sell for $7K.