09-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #69
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by knsaber View Post
So, long story short... as I literally was at the front entrance of a lawyer's office I get a phone call from a friend at BMW who was willing to take my car in to take a look at what he can do, I decided not to go through a lawyer anymore. I honestly didn't believe I could do much to win anyways. This was around February.

My friend's first step was to replace my aftermarket bearings I had just installed with OEM ones so that he could try to claim warranty through BMW, but then told me they were able to read the "black box" from the car that registered telemetry that indicated racing? Whatever, I'm not going to argue. So no luck with warranty, so I went ahead and had him do whatever work needed to be done to get the noise fixed...
RE the telemetry, even if they could read it, I don't see why it's an issue. M stands for motorsports, this car should be tracked! How can BMW be serious about marketing it's M car if they won't cover any repairs stemming from track usage, we're not talking wear-n-tear like brakes or tires.