View Single Post
      06-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #26
ovrkll
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue Z4M

We had about 70 cars last Friday night, and with them trying to stage, race, repeat till eliminated, there just isn't time for someone to use a stopwatch and relay results back to the drivers. I bought the G-Tech unit which logs data such as 0-60, 1/8, 1/4, HP, TQ, and G's, but I don't rely on the numbers being accurate. The unit uses accelerometers to compute the numbers along with a signal through the cigarette lighter for RPM, this is not as accurate as electronic timing, but is good enough for me to get a feel for what is working and what does not.

It is rumored that AMS is thinking about building a real Drag Strip on the grounds since the participation in the Drag Nights is growing. I think it all comes down to money, and with the cost right now only being $20 to race (track time lasts about 2 hours), I would not mind if they kept it the way it is. If the improvements happen, it will cost more to participate/spectate and I would prefer to keep costs down for the regular person that wants to have fun.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0