View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Sorry to hear you had to put that kind of $$$ into the car shortly after purchasing it but happy to hear it's fixed. Now you can put that in the past and enjoy her to her full potential again.

I'm putting the Zed on my lift to delete my CDV today when I get done screwing around on the internet in a bit. If there's enough slack in the hose I'll completely take it out. If not, I'll gut the valve and put it back in. Here's a DIY link I found for an M3 when I was searching this forum and it looks simple enough.

I've been driving almost nothing but manual transmissions in cars for 32 years and for 10 years with over 1.5 million documented miles in semi trucks and have even bought 2 cars that had automatic transmissions in them that didn't come with a manual transmission and did the conversions to manual myself within a month of buying them.

I don't even like driving my wifes Dodge Journey with an automatic because it's too hard for me to drive LOL. I'm always looking for the clutch pedal and grabbing the shifter.

The delay valve is nothing but irritating to me and I hate even the thought of a component like the CDV that can cause accelerated wear on something when I know for a fact I can get an average of 150k - 200k miles on clutches in my cars.
Appreciate 0