View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 06:00 AM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'm going to chime in here that what you are experiencing is normal for a Z4 (E85 chassis) and that you are just not used to it. My Coupe jumps around a lot, but it's a sports car, not a sedan. It has a short wheelbase and wide stance and the suspension is set up for cornering. My Coupe is in alignment and I run Mich Pilot Sports AS3s non-runflat. All pre-F30 3-series BMWs tramline a bit, I've had four BMWs and been driving them for the better part of 28 years. Both my wife's Z3 and my Z4 tramline. The Z3 is set up with a Bilstein/H&R suspension and still does it. My old E30 did it, and so does my E90.

Now get your Z4 on some good back-country roads and drive fast, and the tramlining disappears.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0