View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
TomHickory
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe

wider wheels tires for 2007Z4 3.0si coupe

Hi All,

New to Z4 world. Need some advice.

Just purchased a 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si with steptronic with 8 K miles – mint condition. The non M Z4 with steptronic choice is due to a number of complicated reasons. I am a HPDE Instructor with PCA and BMWCCA. Had a dedicated track car. Now need some new Z4 (non M) owner advice in two categories.

#1 - What more aggressive wider 18" wheel and tire sizes will fit my non M Z4? Know the non Z4 wheel wells seem to be smaller? I ran CCW Classics 255F and 275R on my track car. What wider wheel sizes and tires can I run on a non M Z4?? (have 18" x 8 wheels 225F and 18x8.5 255R original run flats). So Mich Pilot Sports best tire model for street and occasional DE's? Maybe run 265”s all around on the 18” by 8 “ or wider wheels for the 265 all around . Can I get wider wheels to fit for 255F and 275R? Or is square up best for this car 265's all? Or what wider wheel sizes fit??? F and Rear staggered? What yee think?

#2 – How does the non M Z4 with steptronic paddle shifter work for HPDE days on the track?? What modifications would be wise for moderate track use? Most of the time I am in the student's car so will not do a lot of track hours. If I can get better wheel tire package, do I need to add SS brake lines, more aggressive brake pads?, higher temp brake fluid? Other minor changes that would help?

I would appreciate some opinions.

Tom
Appreciate 0