View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
nobrakese28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Any European market header off of an E46 M3 or Z4M Coupe/Roadster. With that in mind, there is also the CSL header. The CSL header is the same as the standard European market header with the exception that each header is about 2lbs lighter and there is not flat spot on cylinder runner number 6. Headers or a LHD or RHD car will fit with issue.

If you replace the headers on the Z4M with the European market headers you will be eliminating the primary catalytic converters. You will still have the secondary catalytic converters, are they enough to clean the exhaust, I don't know. Once you replace your headers with the European market headers, then secondary (post cat) O2 sensors and EGT sensor no longer have a home. Many people choose to add bungs to their secondary cats, this in essence replicates the European market E46 M3/E85 & E86 Z4M setup. Although the secondary USA market cats are less restrictive than the European market primary. headers.

I paid about $568 for my headers shipped. My custom catalytic converter section is going to run about $1300-1400.
Appreciate 0