03-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #46
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mnyc View Post
Yup, using the Vorshlag red motor mounts (had UUC motor and transmission mounts before but much happier with these). NVH is considerable - radio is almost pointless

I noticed a big improvement especially at one of the tighter corners on the track where I used to have trouble gettting into second gear.
I'm thinking this is primarily your track car though given the mods you have, yes? Just as I suspected the more we resolve the problem with stiffer mounts the more the noise goes along with it--something that must be considered in a mostly street car that sees 5-10 track days/year.

I'm going to see how the UUC reds non-bolt through w/o enforcer do on the noise/control spectrum.

Thank you for offering up this data point as I think we should have a pretty good spectrum to work from: Stock - Black Neoprene Trans - Black Poly Trans - Red Poly UCC - Re Poly UUC + Enforcer - Vorshlag Orange Bolt Through/UUC Red Bolt Through - Vorshlag Orange Bolt Through/UUC Red Bolt Through + Motor Mounts. At least that's how the spectrum from least noise/control to max noise/control looks like it will pan out.

I'll start a new thread in the technical section in the next week or two and try to pull comprehensive listing together based on prior threads, this thread, and any other input folks have.
Appreciate 0