Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 3.0

Garage List
2006 Audi S4 Avant  [0.00]
2005 BMW Z4  [5.67]
Am I the only one... topless in the dark

I just went to fill up the zed. Since I only got it out of storage on Saturday this is the first fill after burning off all that fuel stabilizer. Anyway I'm at the gas station pumping in the 94 octane stuff, conveniently priced at a paltry $1.53 a litre (roughly $5.75 a gal) when I feel a pair of eyes drilling into the back of my head, you know that feeling of being watched.
I turn around and see the chick in the next lane staring at me. She's filling her silverado. "Really?" she says, followed by "Not really droptop weather is it now?" Admittedly it was almost 9pm and barely 9 Celsius (48F) outside, but it's a clear night and I parked my car in my garage with the roof down when I got home from work, so I didn't put it up to go around the block and fill up. Before I even had the chance to reply she finished off with "Jerk" and left.

Quite why I'm the jerk for driving my car with the roof down at night I don't know (or care), but it made me think. Do any of you drive topless at night regardless of temp if it isn't raining? Would you drop the top if it was up? I know I have in the summer when it's still 25 c (77F).

2005 Z4 3.0 steptronic | TiSilver on Black | sport & premium package | 108s | Msport seats | wind deflector
OMP strut bar | blacked out emblems | de-french-fried | sound gen | DIY aux input | custom speedo logos | stubby antenna | polished exhaust tips
Appreciate 0