View Single Post
      10-13-2023, 10:18 AM   #6
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Weather forecast looking pretty decent - albeit a long ways out still. But does look like we will be spared the heat that set in pretty hard this year and so far doesn't look like rain should be much a factor.

Curious to see if there is the same interest/attendance level as the last couple of years. Still expect the traffic situation to be a disaster as there is not much they can do to alleviate that clusterf*ck of a problem. Getting the wheel scythes and grill guard ready to go on the truck to make our clean get away Sunday after the race... Should be a couple of good concerts on Fri & Sat night - The Killers on Friday and Queen on Saturday. Don't know much about the guy that is singing for Queen but heard he does about a good job as anyone can trying to fill Freddy Mercury's shoes.

Knowing the way it has gone in the past I wouldn't expect a strong checkered flag waving... not sure that matters much though... Do expect another interesting rendition of our national anthem too. Maybe one day we will hear it at the end of a race again but that's a different conversation. Hopefully Martin Brundle works his magic on the grid walk again this year with one of the "finest" we as a country have to offer...

I wasn't a fan of the sprint races when they first started but they have slowly won me over. Actually looking forward to that being integrated into the weekend this year. Have always enjoyed the first 2 days out there but feel like it might add a little energy being out there those days.

1. VER (angered by the small (relative) margin of victory in Qatar & laps the entire field while setting the top 20 fastest laps of the day)
2 - 20. I mean who really cares at this point but...

2. PER (if the weather is good and he doesn't decide to run the Nascar line)(if not reserve right to switch this to P16)
3. NOR (told Zac Brown he's jetting for RBR if they let PIA beat him again)
4. HAM (unless he gets within 3 cars of RUS and then likely a DNF)
5. PIA (strange power decrease with 5 laps to go...)
6. SAI (fully rested and ready to go)
7. LEC (mailed it in the rest of the season - just wants the pain to be over)
8. ALO (decides to take over full strategy decisions half way through the race and rescues P8 from what surely would have been P9...)
9. RUS (is slowed down by the bumpers he had to add to the car to defend off HAM)
10. GAS (after a lot of ugly racing with OCO we are finally treated to the epic post race slap fest we have all been waiting for)
11. LAW (poisons RICs food night before and sneaks back into the seat)
12. ALB (Is in the points the first half of the race until he remembers he is indeed in a Williams car and should not be that high)
13. OCO (goes full clown again trying to run away from GAS after the race)
14. BOT (he's still in F1?)
15. HUL (epic finish for Haas... so proud we are)
16. ZHO (I got nothing here)
17. SAR (in an epic moral victory finishes the race)
18. MAG (also does us US fans proud not finishing P20)
19. TSU (gets taken out at the start and proceeds to fire off one of the most obscene yet nonsensical rants of all time)
20. STR (DNS - gets grounded by Papa Stroll when he throws another fit after again getting knocked out in Q3)

Pretty sure this is exactly how it is going to go down...
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60842.00
GuidoK10965.00
Roman789.00