View Single Post
      03-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #32
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Ah, yeah, it wasn't you then. Cuz the one I saw was back in like...October or November 2010.

haha, my buddy (forum alias dorifto88) also drives a interlagos blue MC. He's from Sacramento, but works down here in San Jose.

3.91 is nice, especially if you're planning on going FI down the road (as I am). 4.10 will be too much with FI imho.

The 3.91 diff setup is pretty pricey imo. My total cost was ~$1500 to rebuild my diff and put the 3.91 ring & pinion in. I haven't yet sold my stock 3.62, otherwise that $1500 could very likely be less

People are usually just wary of getting their diffs rebuilt, but little do they know that companies such as Turner or DINAN do the exact same thing, and charge you an arm and a leg for all the labor and shipping expenses. I did some research on this prior to doing my gearing upgrade the way I did (piece by piece) because I found that even DINAN can improperly rebuild a diff. I've heard of a customer that had to have DINAN redo his diff 2 or 3 times due to NVH (noise, vibration, or harshness).
Plus, I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of service that the shop I went to provided. I highly suggest Performance Technic in Pleasanton if you're going to do a rebuild, or even for just a diff install. They're so awesome, words cannot describe. You literally just hafta go in person and check them out yourself
Thanks so much for your insight regarding the Diff. Never would have thought DINAN could fail at the rebuild. I'm still relatively new to all of this. Started autoX last year and had a blast. Will continue this year, and hope to get on the track a few times as well. I should probably spend my $ on driving/training right now vs moding the car. It's just a hard bug to resist.

Looks like you've done a lot to your car...what's the best mod you've done?
Trying to find the direction to take my car and appreciate any advice.
Appreciate 0