View Single Post
      12-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
You've already got a couple coupes, and sounds like the weather is good where you live. Roadie would make a nice addition to the stable IMO. Top down driving is just too good

Get one with heated seats
I've seen your sig a few times and have always admired your car. White/Red would be one of my top combos. And you're right, top down driving is such a different experience, whether cruising at the beach or attacking mountain roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
There have been several Roady owners that end up selling and buying a coupe.
......can't think of any that went the other way.

Just sayin.....
I can definitely see that, but I also don't think there's too many people that are as reluctant to sell their cars as I am

If I had only 1 choice, I'd definitely go with the M Coupe. But because I already have 2 coupes, I think that's where it makes more sense to go with the Roadster to have variety. It was 70F again yesterday, really unusual for Dec weather here, but I would have loved to have a convertible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
Will you be tracking your car? Will extreme exclusivity trump over fun factor? Is rising in value a big factor in your decision? Coups are cool and roadies are fun.

I had E36MC and E46MC prior. That tech violet you have is beautiful.

If I were you, I'd get a roadie. You don't have a convertible in your line up yet. Seems like you're missing S54 in your collection and you can get a hardtop for the roadster. Too me that the best of both world and I like the silloute of a hardster better.

If it's me, I'll get a coupe since I already have a roadster. This chassis is simply amazing. If I have enough space, I'd get a coupe tomorrow.
Definitely no plans to track the car. These cars are just too rare to risk. To answer your question, I think fun factor would beat the rarity factor if I'm completely honest. I live where these cars used to be built, and I don't see either of them on the road, so the Roadster is rare "enough"

And thanks, the TV coupe is a head turner. I was lucky enough to find it 15 miles from my place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
I really wanted a vert since I live in California and can take advantage of the top-down life. There's something very special about open-top motoring, but I totally respect that it isn't for everyone. Also, after owning several convertibles I've learned that you really want to buy a purpose-built convertible (like the Z4) and not a car that started life as a coupe and got the roof cut off. Plus, I have to disagree that the cost difference is negligible. I've seen roadsters with 40k miles go for <$20k, that's a lot of car for the money.
We don't get as great weather as you guys (winters do get cold, and summers get too humid). You are correct though, from my research the past couple of days, you could get a really nice Roadster for significantly less than a coupe. And it's definitely not negligible. Buying a Roadster would leave some extra $ for mods

Thanks to all that have replied! Very interesting.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
yousefnjr6159.00
Redacre369.00