Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 Estoril blue 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Wow!

Congratulations! It's going to be interesting to see what you do with the car!

I'll make my usual comment about transmission mounts and probably upgraded engine mounts which are a must do if Wrose didn't already install them. If you do the engine mounts, I'd upgrade the engine mount bolts at the same time to the motorsport variety.

A cheap and effective camber solution for the front end are the Turner camber washers, which give negative camber on the kingpin side, which can be used to mitigate changes to the scrub radius caused by more aggressive offsets. Good discussion on this thread. (Running those Hoosers I think you'll need like, -3.5 or so anyway.)

Some things to consider, and I'm sure the FI guys will chime in as they're the experts, not me:
Fabspeed headers are not supported by ESS IIRC. Others have tried these with the ESS kit, and I don't recall it going well. (Could very well be wrong, just something to check.) Euro headers are supported I believe, and you can usually find a good set for ~700-800. (Donovan finds these and sells them, you can contact him or wait for a FS thread from him or others.)

Before going 4.1, this might be a good read (link there to other threads on the topic too).
Enjoy! Great car, jelly of the S/C.
I forgot to put the full description of the actual mods on the car:

-ESS VT-1 445 S/C Kit
-Autosolutions SSK
-APR CF adjustable front spltter
-OE CF Rear Spoiler
-TMS Camber Adjusting Bolt kit
-SS Brake lines
-Caliper Bushing Kit
-75mm Wheel Stud Kit
-3D Designs Gauge Pod with Boost,Coolant Temp & Oil Pressure Gauges
-BMS Exhaust (X-pipe & Mufflers)
-Apex Arc 18" wheels (9" ft/10"rr) with 245/40 ft & 285/35 rr -V12 tires
-OE wheels & tires
-Stubby antenna
-CDV delete
-and others little mods I don't remember

Wayne told me that he changed the engine mounts bolts.

Good to know about the Fabspeed and ESS kit. I am wondering if it it just because the 4 o2 sensors were installed into the headers or if it's the tubing design itself that caused the problem? Maybe I can just relocate 2 bungs at the end of the secondary cats like the euro section 1 and have no problem?

I am still not sure about 3.91 and 4.10. 4.10 was a great modification on my E46 M3. I know it wasn't S/C but I remember a couple of guys on m3forum.net running stage 2 AA or VFE with 4.10 and really like it. The 4.10 match my ''local'' track pretty well, perfect for LCMT, Calabogie and Mosport. I don't really care about 1st and 2nd gear cause those are useless on the track. But 10% more torque on 3-4-5 on the track and having the car more rev happy is what I am looking for.
Appreciate 0