View Single Post
      02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Wow!

Congratulations! It's going to be interesting to see what you do with the car!

I'll make my usual comment about transmission mounts and probably upgraded engine mounts which are a must do if Wrose didn't already install them. If you do the engine mounts, I'd upgrade the engine mount bolts at the same time to the motorsport variety.

A cheap and effective camber solution for the front end are the Turner camber washers, which give negative camber on the kingpin side, which can be used to mitigate changes to the scrub radius caused by more aggressive offsets. Good discussion on this thread. (Running those Hoosers I think you'll need like, -3.5 or so anyway.)

Some things to consider, and I'm sure the FI guys will chime in as they're the experts, not me:
Fabspeed headers are not supported by ESS IIRC. Others have tried these with the ESS kit, and I don't recall it going well. (Could very well be wrong, just something to check.) Euro headers are supported I believe, and you can usually find a good set for ~700-800. (Donovan finds these and sells them, you can contact him or wait for a FS thread from him or others.)

Before going 4.1, this might be a good read (link there to other threads on the topic too).
Enjoy! Great car, jelly of the S/C.

Last edited by Finnegan; 02-28-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0