05-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #84
Spreadsheet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2007 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
Has anyone dyno tested the tune from ESS?

Looking at stock AFR which are rich in upper RPM it would seem power could be gained from correcting them. My car broke 300WHP on a stock tune, I am going to need some SOLID proof something actually works to warrant the cost.
I am running an ESS tune installed in 2009, only mods to my intake/engine/exhaust so far is RPI scoop, K&N, ESS tune and BMS mufflers. I am getting ready to install SS stepped headers and cats, also purchased Evolve-R software and wanted to get a baseline dyno run. As you can see, initial run to 5,500 rpm looks good with Torque at 235 pound-feet, which equates to about 276 once you figure 15% loss, so good there. Then HP falls off the map and looks like the dyno ajw45 has. Dyno tech suspected may be knocking on 91 gas here, but AFR leaned out a bunch after 6K. My plan is to run some racing gas with the ESS tune and re-dyno this Friday. If I get the same result, then will have the dealer flash back to stock, then re-dyno. I need to find out why ESS giving me the harsh top end when the hp and torque to 5.5K looks so good. I need to resolve before installing headers/cats and Evolve-R software. Not sure what happened on the third run in 3rd gear, looks like something slipped at about 6K and recovered. First two runs so similar.

Any ideas anyone?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0