11-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #11
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Oh I mean, I wish I almost wish I got a car without navi so I could install one of these! I love the idea and couple it with digital gauge apps, I think it's a great idea. My problem is I feel too bad yanking out a fully functioning nav system for this. If going this route one would also lose the ability to adjust the details on their stereo, see what radio station is playing, etc. Maybe there's a way to run this with a tablet but that's something I have no clue about.
I have navi, but I still want to do something like this. I thought it's be great to have a car with navi but I find myself just using a magnetic vent clip phone mount with Google Maps or Waze instead. If you didn't have navi it would probably be harder to cut into your dashboard to do this. Once your navi goes kaput then the decision will be easier. Good point about the radio station, system settings, etc. I wonder how we will change those without the navi screen. Actually, how do other Z4 owners without a screen see their settings?
Appreciate 0